Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Your comment is awaiting moderation...."

Perhaps I should be grateful that I'm not blocked at Uncommon Descent. Update: Perhaps I should have been grateful that I was not blocked at Uncommon Descent.
But it's rather annoying to wait for a couple of hours to get your comment through moderation while a discussion is ongoing: my edit contributed at 2:52 am today (Aug 26, 2009) has still not appeared over six hours later, though there were fifteen other comments in the meantime. What is so hard in moderating the following?
I took the string
SCITAMROFN*IYRANOITULOVE*SAM
and calculated a next generation using Dawkins's algorithms with populations of 10,50 and 100 - and mutation rates of .04, .05 and .1. The tenth string in the list is the second generation given in the paper of Mark and Dembski. The differences with the first generation are in bold face:

1. SCITAMROFN*IYRANOIEULOVE*SAM
2. SCITAMROFN*IYRANOITULOGE*SAM
3. ECITAMRI*N*IYZANOITULOVE*SAM
4. SCITAMROFN*IYRANOITUL*VE*SAM
5. SCITAMROFN*IYRANOITULOVE*SEM
6. SCITAMOOLNOIYRAMOITULOVE*SEM
7. SCITANROFN*IYYANOITULOVE*SAM
8. SCITIMROFN*JYRANOITULOVE*SAM
9. SCITAMROFN*ICRHNOITSLOWE*SAV
10. OOT*DENGISEDESEHT*ERA*NETSIL

Can anyone spot a difference in the design of the strings? Anyone? KF? Anyone?

I'll stay tuned :-)

Update: Now I've two comments waiting in the queue:
232 - DiEb - 08/26/2009 - 9:39 am Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I try to get involved in the discussion, but my last edit (#213) is now in moderation for nearly seven hours…


Update: After eight hours, the comment got through. But I seem to be blocked from now on....

No comments:

Post a Comment